[Dspace-general] Studies of repository statistics' users?

Dorothea Salo dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Tue Oct 21 13:11:49 EDT 2008

2008/10/21 Mark H. Wood <mwood at iupui.edu>:
> I fell to wondering whether anyone has studied how statistics on
> document repositories are used.

Not to my knowledge. The closest research enterprises I can identify
are the ongoing wrangles about OA citation impact and journal impact
factors. There might be something in the wider Web literature about
server log interpretation, but that sounds a slim reed indeed.

I've taken the liberty of adding this to the Research Questions page
on the OA Directory wiki:
<http://oad.simmons.edu/oadwiki/Research_questions#Researcher_attitudes_and_practices>

Dorothea

Dorothea Salo                dsalo at library.wisc.edu
Digital Repository Librarian      AIM: mindsatuw
University of Wisconsin
Rm 218, Memorial Library
(608) 262-5493