[Dspace-general] regarding installation of dspace1.5.1-release...

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 16:01:23 EDT 2008

I am having a lot of trouble installing dspace. Yes, I am following the
documentation provided in the package..but still i m quite confused with
certain things..Whie installing the package i was told about dspace.cfg
file..but since i was a bit confused about doing it..so i left if unchanged
now i m having trouble installing the software..After that i was not able to
understand what do they mean by "generate the dspace installation package in
the [dspace-source]/dspace/target/dspace-[version].dir/ directory" i didn't
understand it but still i just created those directories as root.then in the
[dspace-source]/dspace directory when i executed the command "mvn package"
this showed up...
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [package]
[INFO]
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin: checking
for updates from central
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' could not be retrieved from
repository: central due to an error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'central' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 3 minutes 9 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Oct 06 01:07:10 IST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M
[INFO]

Please help me with this problem. I have got to install dspace for my
project and I am really confused. Any help in this regard will be
appreciable..thankyou..