[Dspace-general] Bulk Upload Facility

Claudia Jürgen Claudia.Juergen at ub.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Nov 17 06:56:01 EST 2008

Hi Luis,

a brief tutorial can be found here:
http://www.tdl.org/documents/DSpaceBatchImportFormat.pdf
(thanx to Texas Digital Libraries).

The options for running the item importer are:

-a, add items to DSpace
-r, replace items in mapfile
-d, delete items in mapfile
-s, source of the items to be imported
-c, destination collection (handle or collection_id)
-e, eperson (email or id)
-w, items are forced to run throught the workflow of the destination
collection
-t, just test the import, no items really ingested
-p, apply collection template
-R, resume
-h, help

Best try your import with -t (just test) first.

There are other possibilities to ingest data, package import, ingestion
crosswalk, which are documented in the docs and the dspace wiki.

Hope that helps