[Dspace-general] Bulk Upload naming upload

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 13:36:08 EST 2008

Hi luis,
              Well, I am not really sure. But I think there is something
which  you might be interested in reading, the community and collection
structure importer given here..

dspace-1.5.1-release/dspace/docs/html.legacy/application.html

there as you can see there is one import xml file and one output xml file.
After this command line tool is used the structure-builder reads the import
xml file and it outputs the same structure to the output xml file providing
each structure with a handler.
            As you can see, this shows that these handlers are provided
arbitrarily. So, it could be possible that either there is no way to force
it or we might be allowed to modify the import file to provide handlers as
well and if they are not being  used, they could be used as the handlers for
the structures otherwise the structure-builder will jst return an error
saying that they are already being used.
            I am not really sure about this, it is jst a possibility. If you
find anything useful please let me know.

Regards,
Shashank Sahni

Is there some way to force a given ID?