[Dspace-general] DSpace 1.5 Installation Problem

Darryl Strachan darrylstrachan at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 16:56:57 EST 2008

Greetings,

I'm having a problem when trying to install DSpace 1.5. Below is the error message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/cli/CommandLineParser

Prior to this problem I was getting a similar NoClassDefFoundError for the CreateAdministrator class (when I typed create-administrator command). I got around this by exporting the WEB-INF/lib/*.jar folders to the system PATH, but this CommandLineParser is nowhere to be found.

Can anyone help?

-- Darryl

P.S.
I'm using CentOS 4, Java1.5, Maven 2.0.9, PostgreSQL 8.1.11