[Dspace-general] Bulk upload facility

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 17:22:32 EST 2008

Well i can of course but then it won't be well organized. Actually i have
figured a way to solve my problem i will be putting the rest of the files in
a folder say "other" and so i will be having only sub directories..
e.g.
If i have a parent directory by the name "Softwares" then it could be having
several sub directories say antiviruses, media players, and other than such
directories there could be some files..
so i am planning to put all such files in a folder called "misc" and so i
will now be left with a parent directory "softwares" which contains only
directories..i will do this recursively and in this way i will be having
only directories to deal with and the data will be well organized..
Then i will create sub-communities for every sub-directory i have... and
finally for the directories which contain only files i will make collection
in place of them..thus maintaining the hierarchy of the directory
structure...
Check out this problem i have posted..
http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/dspace-general/2008-November/002373.html
May be you could help me with this one..

Regards,
Shashank Sahni