[Dspace-general] time estimates for newbies

Stuart Lewis sdl at aber.ac.uk
Fri Nov 7 10:27:58 EST 2008

Hi all,

>>   We only want to start with one community, one set of materials, similar
>> to ETDs.  We will indeed have to integrate it with LDAP and set up
>> secure login pages, and may need to modify the metadata input template.
>
> I don't know how long LDAP integration takes, never having done it. I
> do know that a great many DSpace installations do it, so there should
> be a broad base of help available on the lists and in the IRC channel.

If your LDAP administrator knows the right settings, it should be a 10
minute job. Ditto setting up SSL security. However if you don't have the
right settings, it could take a day or so of tinkering to work them out,
with help from the lists. But neither are big jobs.

Thanks,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Aberystwyth                      Aberystwyth University

            E-bost / E-mail: Stuart.Lewis at aber.ac.uk
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860