[Dspace-general] installation and maintenance

Jody DeRidder jody at jodyderidder.com
Fri Nov 7 09:30:36 EST 2008

Hi Michele!
  Yes, I read your standard response on the FAQ list, and it was not
enough information for us, which is why I asked for information based on
personal experience from the list at large.  As I stated before, we are
NOT planning to set up a prototype, but a production installation, with
LDAP authentication, and the programmer involved will probably NOT have
familiarity with installing Java and database based open source
applications.

   Since I expect this is probably closer to the norm for many smaller
institutions, reason tells me others have been in this position before,
and can likely inform us from their own experience.

Jody DeRidder
Digital Services
University of Alabama Libraries
Tuscaloosa, Alabama 35487