[Dspace-general] regarding installation of dspace1.5.1-release...

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 15:53:30 EST 2008

Hey, sorry people... it was my fault.. i was not actually running the
command "mvn clean package" in the directory..which contained the pom.xml
file..but even after doing that....i got the same error..when i executed the
command "mvn clean package" as a dspace user in the directory containing the
pom.xml file..( [dspace-source]/[dspace]/) which had user "dspace" as an
owner for both user as well as group..
i got the following error..

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Reactor build order:
[INFO]   DSpace Addon Modules
[INFO]   DSpace XML-UI (Manakin) :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace LNI :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace OAI :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace JSP-UI :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace SWORD :: Web Application
[INFO]   DSpace Assembly and Configuration
[INFO]
[INFO] Building DSpace Addon Modules
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, package]
[INFO]
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Nov 03 02:17:03 GMT+05:30 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 11M/20M
[INFO]

Now, how do i get this done..