[Dspace-general] Cleanup Utility

Filippos Kolovos filippos at uom.gr
Fri May 9 05:58:12 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I would like to pose a question concerning the "Clean utility" of Dspace 1.4.1

When I execute it, it commences normally writing:
Cleaning the asset store
2008-05-09 12:52:50,590 INFO  org.dspace.storage.bitstore.Cleanup @ Cleaning up asset store
2008-05-09 12:52:50,644 INFO  org.dspace.core.ConfigurationManager @ DSpace logging installed using log4j.properties

an then it terminates with the error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

or:

GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
GC Warning: Out of Memory!  Returning NIL!
*** Catastrophic failure while handling uncaught exception.

Our servers consist of 2 GB ram! I also tried to increase the Tomcat RAM in JAVA_OPTS
by issuing JAVA_OPTS=JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx<other_value_here> -Xms<and_here>
but with no luck!

Has anybody else encountered the same problem?

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

-Fk

--