[Dspace-general] Please Promote DSpace @ Google Summer of Code to your students and at OR08...

Mark Diggory mdiggory at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 31 16:58:37 EDT 2008

Community,

There has been a formal announcement on the GSoC website of an
extension until next Monday (April 7th). So you let your students
know they have another week to polish their proposals and add/or
comments to existing ones.

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/

Cheers,
Mark

On Mar 28, 2008, at 8:34 PM, Mark Diggory wrote:

> DSpace Community,
>
> While its not fully official yet, it really looks like we will have
> another week to accept student applications for GSoC.  Its been
> determined that many students were away on vacation during the last
> couple weeks  and the topic is getting allot of response on the
> mentors list.
>
> We have less than 1/4 the applicants we had last year (3), If we
> don't get more proposals, there will not be as good a pool of
> applications to choose the top few from. So "Get the Word Out"
> while your at the Conference and let your community know that now
> is the time for students to sign up!
>
> Proposals do not have to be based on the ideas documented on our
> page/wiki. If your a university student and you think to have a
> good idea for a software project that involves DSpace, put in an
> application and see where it takes you. Participation in Google
> Summer of Code will look great on your Resume'!
>
> Applications and IDeas can be accessed at the following locations!
>
> http://code.google.com/soc/2008/
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-summer-of-code-announce/web/
> guide-to-the-gsoc-web-app-for-student-applicants
> http://code.google.com/soc/2008/dspace/about.html

Mark R. Diggory - DSpace Developer and Systems Manager
MIT Libraries, Systems and Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology