[Dspace-general] Repository Managers: DSpace Global Outreach Committee

Valorie Hollister val at dspace.org
Thu Jun 5 11:16:52 EDT 2008

Dear DSpace Repository Managers -

The following opportunity is an excellent way to help guide the
priorities undertaken by DSpace Foundation and to better serve
repository managers around the world.

We are looking for repository managers to join the DSpace Global
Outreach Committee. Become resource within your own country/region on
the DSpace platform, network regularly with other DSpace users and
take part in forums to share training and best practices.

DSpace Foundation is putting together a Global Outreach Committee and
we are currently looking for volunteers from the DSpace community,
specifically those that serve as repository managers at their
institution. The primary objective of the Global Outreach Committee is
to help facilitate more regional support, trainings, user group
meetings and resources for the DSpace community.

As a member of the committee you will attend regular, virtual
committee meetings (conference calls) and serve as a resource to your
country's/region's DSpace community. In order to be considered for a
place on the committee, candidates must be function as DSpace
repository managers at their institution and have the ability and
interest in building or further developing their DSpace user community
network.

If you have an interest in joining the committee, please contact me at
val at dspace.org.

Valorie Hollister
Community Outreach Manager
DSpace Foundation