[Dspace-general] Importing Records

Bram Luyten bram at mire.be
Fri Jul 25 08:51:41 EDT 2008

Dear Beth,

information about the import & export functionality in DSpace is available
at:
http://www.dspace.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=144#itemimporter

What data format or markup is your online catalog using ? Normally, with
some XSLT programming, scripts can be created that transform structured
types of information into the required XML format.

Likewise, when using the exporter, you will need some scripts that convert
the xml back to the required catalog format.

We worked with a broad range of input data, including spreadsheets, endnote,
reference manager, or ASCII formats from legacy dos systems. Although some
problems can arise related to character encoding, it should be possible in
most cases to create the necessary transformation scripts.

with best regards,

Bram Luyten

--
@mire NV