[Dspace-general] ADD metadata

Rodrigo Castro Artigas rcastro at alerta.cl
Thu Jul 24 11:31:24 EDT 2008

Hi Claudia

Thanks You!!!!!!!!!!!

Atte.,
Rodrigo

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Claudia Jürgen [mailto:Claudia.Juergen at ub.uni-dortmund.de]
Enviado el: Jueves, 24 de Julio de 2008 3:34
Para: Rodrigo Castro Artigas
CC: dspace-general at mit.edu
Asunto: Re: [Dspace-general] ADD metadata

Hola Rodrigo,

seems as if your collection does not have the policy DEFAULT_ITEM_READ
set. During ingest the rights of an item are created based upon these
rights of a collection:
- DEFAULT_ITEM_READ
- DEFAULT_BITSTREAM_READ

Go to your DSpace installation. Log in as Admin. Go to collection 7 and
click on edit. On the bottom you got "Collection's Authorizations" there
you can check whether the above mentioned authorizations are set.

hope that helps

Claudia

Rodrigo Castro Artigas schrieb:
> Hi, i am adding metadata for my dspace with linux (posgre SQL) and have
the
> following error:
>
> [root at SDSPACE config]# /P9i/dspace/bin/./dsrun
> org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport -a -e dspace at alerta.cl -c "7" -s
> "/alerta/dspace/discurso1" -m "1"
> Destination collections:
> Owning  Collection: Ex Rector Juan de Dios Vial Correa
> Adding items from directory: /alerta/dspace/discurso1
> Generating mapfile: 1
> Adding item from directory 1
/alerta/dspace/discurso1/1/dublin_core.xml
>         Schema: dc Element: contributor Qualifier: author Value: Vial,
Juan
> de Dios
>         Schema: dc Element: date Qualifier: available Value: 18-07-2008
> 11:05:58
>         Schema: dc Element: date Qualifier: issued Value: 1995
>         Schema: dc Element: title Qualifier: none Value: A treinta años
del
> Concilio Vaticano II
>         Schema: dc Element: language Qualifier: none Value: sp
>         Schema: dc Element: type Qualifier: none Value: Article
>         Processing contents file: /alerta/dspace/discurso1/1/contents
>         Bitstream: 1.pdf
> Processing handle file: handle
> It appears there is no handle file -- generating one
> java.sql.SQLException: Collection 7 has no default item READ policies
>         at
> org.dspace.content.Item.inheritCollectionDefaultPolicies(Item.java:1911)
>         at
org.dspace.content.InstallItem.installItem(InstallItem.java:156)
>         at
org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport.addItem(ItemImport.java:663)