[Dspace-general] Request Copy and Restricted Access

Susanna Mornati mornati at cilea.it
Tue Jan 22 06:36:57 EST 2008

Hi,
it's true several harvesting sites do not collect metadata where the
full-text is not available.
For instance PLEIADI, the Portal for the Italian Electronic
Literature in Open and Institutional Archives, at:
http://www.openarchives.it/pleiadi/index.php?sel_lang=english
selects only items with accessible full-text from Italian
OAI-compliant repositories.
This is not a technical restriction but a policy choice.

But the most important drawback of restricted access is that it makes
impossible
to perform more extensive work on texts, such as citation analysis,
text mining, etc.

Regards, Susanna

Susanna Mornati, CILEA
Project Leader AEPIC, www.aepic.it