[Dspace-general] [Dspace-tech] Cannot delete collections from Dspace

Graham Triggs graham at biomedcentral.com
Wed Jan 9 09:03:22 EST 2008

Filippos,

When you upgraded to 1.4.x, the DCVALUE table should have been deleted
after it's contents were migrated over to METADATAVALUE, and a view put
in it's place.

It looks like this hasn't happened, and that you still have a DCVALUE
table in your database, that has it's old contents (and there is no code
in 1.4.x to maintain).

Check that you correctly have a METADATAVALUE table (with the correct
contents), and then you should be able to safely delete the DCVALUE
table (and replace it with a view - although that probably won't be
necessary).

Take a look at etc/database_schema_13-14.sql for more information.