[Dspace-general] DSpace Reporting Capabilities [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

BRADLEY, Rachel rab at ansto.gov.au
Mon Jan 7 22:16:49 EST 2008

Dear All,

We are currently in the process of implementing DSpace at our
Organisation.

We are attempting to plan for future reporting functionality. Does
anyone else report out of DSpace? If so, could you please provide any
ideas/suggestions which may assist us in our planning process?

We need to report on certain categories of new publications added to the
repository on a regular (say quarterly) basis but wish to exclude any
bulk loads of back files. To achieve this we think we will have to add a
local field for this purpose to identify those records which we wish to
count (or alternatively identify those we wish to exclude). Is anyone
using any specific local fields or note fields for reporting purposes or
have any ideas how we may be able to achieve our requirement?

Any information / suggestions will be most greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rachel Bradley

Metadata Librarian/INIS Liaison Officer

Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation

PMB 1, Menai NSW 2234

T: 02 9717 3834

F: 02 9717 9295

E rachel.bradley at ansto.gov.au

www.ansto.gov.au

Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the
addressee. It is confidential and may contain privileged information or
copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or
further disclosure of this communication is strictly forbidden. If you
have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately
by telephone and delete all copies of this transmission as well as any
attachments.