[Dspace-general] Test-a-Thon is on this week,please help

Michele Kimpton michele at dspace.org
Tue Feb 19 07:48:29 EST 2008

Dear members of the community,

The test-a-thon for the 1.5 beta release of the DSpace platform is now
in progress and we would like your help.  If you are a developer
please download the code, test and report issues.

DSpace 1.5 can be download at http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=19984&package_id=143548&release_id=576338
. There is a 'src' version that requires building with Maven, and a
pre-compiled binary version.

If you are a USER you can test the site at several test instances that
have been set up.  Try to upload docs, browse and search docs, ect.
There are a list of test sites at:
http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Testathon

If you find bugs you can login to the IRC chat and report them to the
team of developers waiting to triage these bugs at:
http://dspace.testathon.net/

Or you can list the bugs on the wiki at:
http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Testathon

Or you can enter in the source forge bug tracker system at:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=119984&group_id=19984&func=browse

The foundation will be giving away a few small prizes to the most
active testers in the community.  Thank-you for your participation,
with your help we hope to have a stable release by OR2008!

sincerely,
Michele Kimpton