[Dspace-general] Metadata for artistic research results in open archives

Sofia Arvidsson Sofia.Arvidsson at hb.se
Mon Feb 4 10:33:33 EST 2008

Library & Learning Resources at University College of Borås has just
started a pilot study funded by the National Library of Sweden. The
background is the requirements of methods for publishing and
accessibility of artistic research and research results, which often
wholly or partially, are visually expressed.

Part of the study will consist of a survey of existing initiatives in
developing metadata for visual artistic objects in open archives. Focus
will be on the often complex contents of these objects - artistic
expression, form and colour, manufacturing process, use of different
material etc.

If members of this list knows about initiatives of this kind we would
be grateful to take part of that information. We are primarily focusing
on research and research results but are also interested in other kind
of publications like project work and student work within the academic
field of art and design.

regards,
Sofia Arvidsson

Sofia Arvidsson
Bibliotekarie/Librarian
Högskolan i Borås/University College of Borås
Bibliotek och läranderesurser/Library and Learning Resources
501 90 Borås
Sweden

Tel. +46(0)33 435 4294
Fax. +46(0)33 435 4004