[Dspace-general] Command line tools to create communities and collections..

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 09:42:26 EST 2008

Hi Vlastimil,
                    I am really thankful for your concern but i was able to
find such a tool that is availbale with default dspace which served my
purpose. Actually me and my friend had to implement a whole software library
using dspace. We couldn't have done it manually using the web interface
because the library was really vast.
So, we finally decided to use some scripts and programs to serve our
purpose. Since we knew how to upload a large amount of data using batches.
The only thing that we required was to find a way so that we could create
communities and collections in large numbers using the codes we have made.
Then we found out about "Collections and communities structure importer".
Well this was more or less like a command line tool we needed. I think you
might be aware of it, if not you may find about it here..

[dspace-source]/dspace/docs/html.legacy/application.html#structbuilder

We wrote a code that could create that xml file and then that command is
executed creating communites and collections in the required format..

Regards,
Shashank Sahni