[Dspace-general] [Dspace-tech] Chat summary: 20 August 2008

Mark Diggory mdiggory at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 20 15:12:24 EDT 2008

The timing of this meeting was a bit off in my time zone, 0700 am
(and is why I usefully prefer to use email for communication within
the community as it is asynchronous).  Is there a transparent log of
the chat conversation, I've logged into Meebo, but only found a
portion of the history there...

Its pleasant to see a round table get together and talk about such
issues, I hope it will fuel an activity to get a better needs
assessment out of the IR Manager user group.  I would highly
recommend formalizing the history of the event by summarizing this in
the WIKI (as you point out a need to do when such events occur in
chats and email lists). I also recommend someone should act as a
moderator/secretary right now to aggregate your further list
discussion into a more formal state in the WIKI in as real a time as
possible.  It would be best to have the notes and chat log that
you've presented here into a section of the WIKI focused wholly on
the interests of the IR Managers group that is forming here.  This
could even simply be links to the pertinent threads of interest in
the S.F. and dspace-general email lists.

Cheers,
Mark