[Dspace-general] Question one: What's working and what isn't?

Robin Taylor robin.taylor at ed.ac.uk
Tue Aug 19 09:50:11 EDT 2008

Hi Dorothea,

Thinking out loud about input-forms.xml:- In order to provide different
metadata screens for theses we include the word theses in the collection
names. We look for presence of 'theses' in the collection name before
deciding which input-form to use. In effect we are using the collection name
as a proxy for the type of item. Really it would be better for us to ask the
submitter what type of item they are submitting and use an input-form based
on item type rather than collection name. I am interested to know how people
are currently making use of input-forms.xml.

Cheers, Robin.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.