[Dspace-general] DSpace@MIT upgrades to DSpace 1.5.x

Mark Diggory mdiggory at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 6 13:19:37 EDT 2008

Dear DSpace Community,

Earlier this week we completed the upgrade of DSpace at MIT from DSpace
1.4.1 (JSPUI) to the latest DSpace 1.5.x revision. Likewise, we
switched over completely to use the Texas A&M Manakin based XMLUI
during this upgrade process.  The service can now be explored at
original DSpace at MIT host.

http://dspace.mit.edu

For MIT Libraries, this upgrade represents the culmination of more
than a years worth of effort done in collaboration with other
individuals and organizations within the DSpace community, beginning
with the reorganization of the DSpace 1.4.2 code-base, the
establishment of the Maven based build process, and culminating in the
in the release of DSpace 1.5.0, the addition of maintenance fixes and
the upgrade of our systems.  We at MIT feel that the DSpace 1.5.X
branch, which now contains a significant load of bug fixes, is now
prepared for a maintenance release. As release coordinator on the
1.5.1 release, I expect to now begin testing the release of a 1.5.1
beta update in the coming week.

I would like to thank all the developers and community members who
contributed to the DSpace 1.5.X codebase in the past year. We could
have not have accomplished our own production goals without your
efforts within the community.

Cheers,
Mark Diggory