[Dspace-general] Changing an Item's Collection

Claudia Juergen Claudia.Juergen at ub.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Apr 29 14:47:38 EDT 2008

Hi Eric,

in 1.5 there is the possibility in the admin tools to move an item. Prior
to 1.5 the easiest way is directly via the database. Assuming that you use
postgres and got the proper dumps, the commands are:

update item set owning_collection=NewCollectionID where item_id=ItemID;

update collection2item set collection_id=NewCollectionID where
collection_id=OldCollectionID and item_id=ItemID;

hope that helps

Claudia