[Dspace-general] Register on the new DSpace Website

Michele Kimpton michele at dspace.org
Thu Sep 27 14:07:16 EDT 2007

Dear member of the DSpace Community,

As many of you are aware we have launched our new website,
www.dspace.org, a few months ago.  We have been slowly developing the
site to make it easier to find information and keep the content fresh
for the less techie folks.  So you will find on the home page news as
it relates to the DSpace community and featured DSpace sites- that we
would like to rotate every few weeks if possible.

Now you can help us in our quest to keep the content fresh and inform
us of great work going on in your organization regarding DSpace.  To
do this you first need to register on the site.  Go to Community  >
join.  Fill out the form.

Once registered you can do the following-
-submit a content item to be featured in the "DSpace spotlight"
-submit a weblink you feel is relevant to share with other registered
users
-submit an event to the DSpace calendar ( you can find the link right
on the main page by the calendar icon)

You will see the menu bar to do all of these actions on the left hand
navigation bar once you login.

Still to come- is the discussion forum and community blog.   Stay
tuned for launch of these 2 modules in the next month.

regards,
Michele Kimpton
Michele at dspace.org