[Dspace-general] Failure on new 1.4.2 ant fresh_install

Christian Voelker C.Voelker at gmx.net
Tue Sep 11 08:53:52 EDT 2007

Am 11.09.2007 um 14:21 schrieb Munro, LG, Mr <munrol at sun.ac.za>:

> Nope, I don't find the expression you are referring to.  Please
> find the
> diagnostics output below, I don't know if you'll find anything
> useful in
> there.

>  Tasks availability
> ccmkdir : Not Available
> propertyfile : Not Available
> importtypelib : Not Available
> vsscheckin : Not Available
> p4reopen : Not Available
> image : Not Available
> csc : Not Available
> sshexec : Not Available
> wlrun : Not Available
> p4label : Not Available
> p4revert : Not Available
> replaceregexp : Not Available
   ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes, of course you cant find it. It states that it is not available.
The output proves me right, including further advice to use aptitude
to correct the issue (veery proud ;-)).

Basically, nothing is available. Never saw such a long list. Mine is
about three obscure items I never heard about before. As I know Debian
(and Ubuntu is basically Debian), they split up each software in
multiple
packages to allow for a highly customized installation. There are rare
cases, where this more of a burden then a blessing. Looks like this is
the case here. Again, use aptitude to install missing parts. Search for
ant. I bet, you will find more then one package such as ant-basic (which
is probably the stuff you have installed already) ant-optional or some-
thing like that. Install the additional stuff that looks like it could
solve your problem. As a last resort, install a fresh binary from the
apache site. While this will probably solve your issues this time, it
renders your package system registry invalid and this will haunt back
some day. Best way to ruin a great system gradually.

Bye, Christian