[Dspace-general] DSpace and MDID

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 16 18:52:34 EDT 2007

Hi Ramona,

I don't think the MDID integration ever moved forward, but we're on to a
new track for this now.

There's a new cataloging system called DAArch from the Art Institute of
Chicago and Kristine Fallon Associates
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/daarch/) that is integrated with DSpace
as the repository/archive for digital images. The two systems are both
Java applications so they play well together. DAArch supports the CDWA
schema now, but would also work for VRA3 (or so I'm told) and has the
possibility of authority control (AAT, etc.) too. So if you got a
developer who could help get this set up for you, definitely take a
look. I think the consulting company that worked with the AIC is setting
up a demo system for it now, so maybe in a few weeks you can see it
without having to install it yourself.

MacKenzie

--
MacKenzie Smith