[Dspace-general] [Dspace-tech] Development goals

Lynch, Michael lynch at middlebury.edu
Wed Nov 21 10:54:28 EST 2007

As a moderately technical academic librarian, I wanted to chime in and
thank Dorothea for this excellent message.  (I used to be highly
technical, but almost no-one uses VMS anymore and I'm getting too old to
learn all this new stuff!)

My institution is participating in a pilot, hosted, consortial
implementation of DSpace (http://dspace.nitle.org) which certainly
complicates things quite a bit, but I can vouch for Dorothea's general
assessment of the view of DSpace from academic libraryland, for whatever
that is worth in the eyes of the technical developers.

-Mike Lynch 		lynch at middlebury.edu
 Systems Librarian
 Middlebury College
 Middlebury, VT