RE : [Dspace-general] Replacing a bitstream and getting an updated checksum value in the metadata

Tellier, Stephane stephane.tellier at cgi.com
Wed May 23 17:21:16 EDT 2007

Hi Sunyeen,

we actually have the same needs in our project : some bitstreams must be updated in DSpace to contains URLs generated after the ingestion (like handles).
We do that by making a ItemImport --replace immediately after doing a ItemImport --add with the import tool.
We run cleanup after.
Since ItemImport --replace is a standard feature in DSpace, there shouldn't be any problems with the checksum...
Alas we're not ready yet to verify this but we're close (still in DEV/TEST mode).
Maybe someone can confirm that the checksum is ok after doing some replaces with the ItemImport?