[Dspace-general] largest repository

Stuart Lewis [sdl] sdl at aber.ac.uk
Wed May 9 03:53:40 EDT 2007

Hi Tiagro,

> I intend to use DSpace for a repository that will host over
> a million items. I do know that DSpace can do that with no
> problems, but I was hoping to get examples of large repositories
> to enforce this idea.

ROAR (Registry of Open Access Repositories) keeps track on the growth of
nearly 1000 repositories:

http://roar.eprints.org/

You can filter the results to find what you are looking for:

http://roar.eprints.org/?action=home&q=&country=&version=dspace&type=&or
der=recordcount&submit=Filter

(DSpace repositories, ordered by size).

If you want to see their distribution on a map, take a look at:

http://maps.repository66.org/

I hope this helps,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth       University of Wales Aberystwyth

            E-bost / E-mail: Stuart.Lewis at aber.ac.uk
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860