[Dspace-general] dspace and health

Mitchelle CHEN mitchelle09 at hotmail.com
Sun May 6 17:01:10 EDT 2007

Hi, Manuel

   It's really a good thing if DSpace could serve as a system for
healthcare, esp public healthcare. However, I think there are several
essential things which need to be solved at first:

1.      How to make the health record, X-ray images, etc ingested into
DSpace. For example, it's necessary to know that if DSpace support DICOM and
other relevant metadata.

2.       How to set up the security level. I think a healthcare database
like what you mentioned should have high privacy requirement. Therefore, how
to set up the tradeoff between a working system and a really helpful system
should be very necessary.

   But anyway, it'll be very great that DSpace could be used in such a way!
I'm really looking forward to it and I'm also curious to ask if there have
already been such efforts carrying on somewhere.

Cheers,

Mitchelle