[Dspace-general] Looking for exmples of accessing dspace data via an HTTP Service

Chris B chrisb.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 16:54:00 EDT 2007

I am not finding any clear starting examples of ways of querying
dspace via a http or web service. What I am looking for is a way to
access via a url GET or POST, and have XML returned. I am
experimenting with using Adobe Flex, to create a search and retrieval
front-end for some of our data. I am a little new to web-services, and
java apps, but I can easily deal with http-service and XML.

The biggest struggle with enhancing dSpace is the lack of Cookbook
style examples. There is lots of talk about the great things everyone
is doing, but very little "show me how" stuff.

Thanks,
Chris