[Dspace-general] [Dspace-tech] Collection Authorization for a domain

Claudia Jürgen Claudia.Juergen at ub.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Mar 22 12:51:16 EDT 2007

Hi Sam,

not directly afaik. But you can restrict the access to an item (either
complete item by DEFAULT_ITEM_READ or just the bitstreams by
DEFAULT_BITSTREAM_READ) to a group and then authenticate the users as
members of the group by domain using this patch
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1566820&group_id=19984&atid=319984
or creating your own stackable authentication method.

Claudia

P. S. be aware that apart from any restrictions part of the items
metadata information is allways visible in browse indices and other item
listings.