[Dspace-general] integration moodle -dspace

Larry Stone lcs at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 6 16:25:45 EST 2007

>   i am working with moodle and dspace separatelly and i want to make the integration between them.
>   As far as i know moodle supports SCORM and dpace Dublin Core.Could anyone help me with that integration?

I believe SCORM is a special case of the IMS Content Package standard (IMSCP,
see http://www.imsglobal.org/ ).  We had a project here to integrate
DSpace with IMSCP-based course packages, see  http://cwspace.mit.edu
The old wiki there is down now and I don't know if it will ever be restored,
but there is still some stuff in the WebDAV area.

All the code was on the wiki but if you're interested I might be able
to find an old version of it.  We developed the DSpace Packager plugin
mechanism for that project and had a generic IMSCP package ingester and
disseminator, as well as one specialized for the OCW packages, so that
could give you a good start on integrating with SCORM.  You'll probably
still have to write a crosswalk for the metadata but that could be
a matter of XSL stylesheets.

    -- Larry