[Dspace-general] Complete Locking down communities

Filippos Kolovos filippos at uom.gr
Thu Jul 19 08:04:07 EDT 2007

Dear all,

Is there a way to completely lock down certain communities in Dspace?
We are facing a situation where we would like some communities (already in the database with items)
to be searchable, viewable and generally accessible only by the internal university network and also by specific groups and people.

The problem is that although we have applied strict permissions to this community and its subcommunities-collections
to be accessible only by specific groups in Dspace, the search results, and also some other material (such as the "recent
additions" section when one accesses a collection inside the restricted community) are always readable by anyone and also are getting indexed by other
search engines, such as google. Search results in this community can also be performed and viewed by anyone

We can supposedly disable the indexing from other search engines with robots.txt but
is there a way to make a community visible only by specific groups inside Dspace? By "visible only by specific groups" I mean
that nobody other should be able to access the community/collections in whole either by the search results, or by anywhere else
unless she/he provides a valid username and password.

Kind Regards,

-Fk

--
Filippos N Kolovos