[Dspace-general] Maximum file size for uploads?

Christian Voelker C.Voelker at gmx.net
Wed Jul 18 17:59:07 EDT 2007

Hi,

Am 17.07.2007 um 19:58 schrieb Naomi Eichenlaub:

> We are having some problems trying to upload a 110 MB video file
> (.mpg) to DSpace.
> The upload seems to times out

How long does it take until the timeout appears?
The question sounds weird, but see below.
It might be an important hint to what you look for.
I cant guess the time because it depends on your bandwidth, cpu...
If your dont want to use a watch, you can probably search the logs
for this.

> Has anyone else encountered this problem with large files?

Not me.

> Does anyone have any solutions to offer?

Check the configuration of all server software
down the chain. I dont know your setup, but e.g.
the default config of tomcat contains such stuff
as:

     <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->
                maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
                enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
                connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />
     <!-- Note : To disable connection timeouts, set
connectionTimeout value
      to 0 -->

Yours, Christian