[Dspace-general] Validating E-mail addresses for new User

Stuart Lewis [sdl] sdl at aber.ac.uk
Tue Jan 23 05:02:28 EST 2007

Hi Rudolph,

I have just written a patch which should do this for you. See:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1642336&group_i
d=19984&atid=319984

This patch adds a new configuration option:

#### PasswordAuthentication options ####
# Only emails ending in the following domains are allowed to
self-register
# Example - example.com domain : @example.com
# Example - MIT domain and all .ac.uk domains: @mit.edu, .ac.uk
# authentication.password.domain.valid = example.com

So you can set it to:

authentication.password.domain.valid = @iop.kcl.ac.uk

I hope this helps,

Stuart

Datblygydd Cymwysiadau'r We            Web Applications Developer
Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth       University of Wales Aberystwyth

            E-bost / E-mail: Stuart.Lewis at aber.ac.uk
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860