[Dspace-general] Question about department name changes and community

Shawna Sadler ssadler at ucalgary.ca
Tue Feb 13 17:11:40 EST 2007

Hi Meghan,
We have had the same experience at the University of Calgary. One of the nice features of Dspace is that the urls to the collection do not change when you have to edit the name of the collection, so technically it's no problem. Let me know if you don't know how to change the name of the community, I can safely take that off-line.

As for combining collections, the import and export tools with Dspace make this pretty easy as well. You'll have to be comfortable using line-entry commands with your UNIX system, if not get your IT to help you out. Here you go:

Import script:
./dsrun org.dspace.app.itemimport.ItemImport --add
--eperson=ssadler at ucalgary.ca
--COLLECTION=123456789/2 --source=////home/dspace/backup/filename// --mapfile=mapfile

Export Script:
./dsrun org.dspace.app.itemexport.ItemExport --type=ITEM
--id=123456789/1446 --dest=////home/dspace/filename// --number=1

Let me know if you have any further questions.
Shawna

--
Shawna Sadler
Coordinator, Digital Initiatives