[Dspace-general] DSpace hardware specs

Mark Diggory mdiggory at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 8 12:04:14 EST 2007

As well, I'd be very interested in any stress tests that have been
done with JMeter or HttpUnit. I've been using JMeter to verify that
the system is correctly returning responses. I can't say that I've
been using load test stats (yet).

-Mark

On Feb 8, 2007, at 11:41 AM, Bram Luyten wrote:

> Hello Stephane,
>
> some information is available on the dspace website: http://
> dspace.org/what/dspace-hp-hw.html
>
> As these systems mean rather high investments, it might be
> interesting to make an estimation on the required diskspace,
> processing power and bandwidth from the future estimated usage.
>
> During the rollout of DSpace at university, we experience 13%
> processorload on a Intel dualcore Xeon hyperthread processor during
> peak hours, when the system is answering 500 page requests per hour
> (mainly edit & submit actions). Although this is a repository with
> currently little full text and many item descriptions.
>
> Does anyone have experience with intensive performance testing, for
> instance with tools like JMeter ? Would be interesting to find out
> more.
>
> with best regards,
>
> Bram Luyten
> @mire - http://www.atmire.com
>

> On 2/8/07, Tellier, Stephane <stephane.tellier at cgi.com> wrote:
> I everyone.
>
> I have to write a hardware specs document for implementing a DSpace
> solution in a library. We intend to manage at least hundred of
> thousands of digital documents and the solution is for the general
> public.
> Is there some documentation in the DSpace community/forums/web
> sites that can help me to produce a document about hardware specs?
>
> Thanks a lot.

Mark R. Diggory
DSpace Systems Manager
MIT Libraries, Systems and Technology Services
Massachusetts Institute of Technology