[Dspace-general] DSpace hardware specs

Bram Luyten bram at mire.be
Thu Feb 8 11:41:03 EST 2007

Hello Stephane,

some information is available on the dspace website:
http://dspace.org/what/dspace-hp-hw.html

As these systems mean rather high investments, it might be interesting to
make an estimation on the required diskspace, processing power and bandwidth
from the future estimated usage.

During the rollout of DSpace at university, we experience 13% processorload
on a Intel dualcore Xeon hyperthread processor during peak hours, when the
system is answering 500 page requests per hour (mainly edit & submit
actions). Although this is a repository with currently little full text and
many item descriptions.

Does anyone have experience with intensive performance testing, for instance
with tools like JMeter ? Would be interesting to find out more.

with best regards,

Bram Luyten
@mire - http://www.atmire.com