[Dspace-general] shining stars anyone?

Pat Galloway galloway at ischool.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 8 10:16:05 EST 2007

Ingrid's query is interesting and I hope she will cumulate any responses
received offline and write up findings. We have found that in the
citation (and especially link) wars, our faculty are interested in
having as many links as possible to their work, so they want BOTH a link
to fulltext on the web server AND to the archived version in our
departmental  repository (which will be the same or augmented). This may
be because our profs understand how search engines work, they are
super-aware of these issues. Or it may just be an atavistic
belt-and-suspenders reaction to the new...
Pat Galloway
School of Information
University of Texas at Austin