[Dspace-general] DSpace Foundation

Michele Kimpton michele at dspace.org
Wed Dec 12 13:18:08 EST 2007

Dear DSpace community,

I would like to introduce to you two new hires to the DSpace
Foundation, Valorie Hollister (Val at dspace.org) and Lauren L'Esperance
(Lauren at dspace.org).

Valorie is the community outreach manager and her role is to work
closely  with the community to  promote DSpace, and develop programs
and tools to support to the DSpace user( non technical) community.
Some of the key initial projects Val will be working on are-

-Management of content on the website of interest to the community-
such as the "featured DSpace site", news, events, publications and
training materials
-Launch of an online Newsletter monthly which will promote the work
being done in the community, and give updates on what projects the
foundation is undertaking
-Survey of the user community to get input on how the foundation can
best serve their needs for the future in developing programs,tools,
partnerships ect.
-developing a master list of all DSpace sites and contacts worldwide
to reference for collaboration, promotion, input ect.

Lauren is the webmaster for the dspace.org website and in charge of
infrastructure, layout, new sections ect. in regards to the website
and any other communication tools we add to the Foundation.  Lauren
works for DSpace one day per week, so her time is limited.

In the coming month of January please look for the survey and welcome
Val and Lauren to  the DSpace community.

sincerely,
DSpace Executive Director
Michele Kimpton