[Dspace-general] How enable full-text searching.(Newbie)

Stuart Lewis [sdl] sdl at aber.ac.uk
Wed Apr 25 04:31:10 EDT 2007

Hi Anny,

> I add a pdf file to a collection. Then try full-text searching, it failed.
>
> Is it necessary to run bin/index-all manually to support full text searching?
> Or is it ok by simply altering the dspace.cfg file?

You need to run bin/filter-media to extract the text from the pdf document.

Thanks,

Stuart

Datblygydd Cymwysiadau'r We            Web Applications Developer
Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth       University of Wales Aberystwyth

            E-bost / E-mail: Stuart.Lewis at aber.ac.uk
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860