[Dspace-general] Adding items without bitstreams

Halley Pacheco de Oliveira halleypo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 11:04:08 EDT 2007

Hi Tiago,

All projects, with informations about their title, authors, sanction
process and many other informations are stored in a SQL Server
database. These informations will be used as metadata in a
dublin_core.xml  file to import these projects to DSpace. The problem
is that the old projects are only in paper, so they must be scanned
and an image uploaded to DSpace. Once we need full text search for the
projects, maybe we will use an OCR software. It would be good if the
OCR text could be integrated with the image (maybe using PDF) in the
same file, and indexed by DSpace.

Thanks,
Halley