[Dspace-general] DSpace search engine

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven ruigrokvanderwerven at ubib.eur.nl
Tue Sep 12 03:43:44 EDT 2006

Hi Yiqun,

Yiqun Lin wrote:
> Our institute has DSpace 1.1.2 (English ver.) implemented two years ago.
> We noticed that the search engine is unable to search accent English
> letters such as é. I was wondering if the newer/newest version has the
> capability to do this?

The search capabilities depend on the Lucene engine used as far as I know.

When you are searching keep in mind that when you want accented results you
need to search with accents. To quote Claudia Jürgen: tele is not the same as
téle.

Can you give us an example of what you think is going wrong?

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven
IT Dept Erasmus University Library