[Dspace-general] Correct path not genarated when registering new users

Scott, Rudolph Rudolph.Scott at iop.kcl.ac.uk
Wed Nov 1 05:01:21 EST 2006

Hi. When new users input their e-mail address and get the web link sent
to them to complete registration (i.e.
http://194.83.137.111:8080/register?token=1bb3ff747321ab1f5003cb25c9646d
dc) get the following error in the web page;

"http 404 error - /register not available."

I have found out that if I put the word 'dspace/' just before the word
register (i.e so the link becomes
http://194.83.137.111:8080/dspace/register?token=1bb3ff747321ab1f5003cb2
5c9646ddc) it works and the user then get's and input form where they
can enter their passwords.

The question is why is Dspace not generating the correct path in the
link. I have looked on my UNIX box and the file called 'register' is in
directory /dspace/config. Can anyone tell me how I can correct this?
Thanks.

Rudolph Scott
Desktop Support Analyst
Dept of Biostatistics and Computing