[Dspace-general] Document creation date

Lieven Droogmans lievend at gmail.com
Wed May 31 14:44:14 EDT 2006

If the box "The item has been published or publicly distributed before" is
checked, you will see a "date:issued" field in the next page and not a
"date:created" field. The difference is in the DublinCore qualifier (see
http://dspace.org/technology/metadata.html for the DSpace standard DC
metadata).

If you want to know how to show a creation date in the submission workflow
(even if the box "The item has been published or publicly distributed
before" is not ticked) you can take a look at
http://www.dspace.org/technology/system-docs/submission.html,  which
explains how to customize the forms of the submission workflow

Hope this helps,
Lieven

On 5/31/06, Branislav Kovacevic <Kovacev at ceu.hu> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Could anybody enlighten me with the answer to the following question.
>
> At the beginning of the submission process there is a checkbox:
> "The item has been published or publicly distributed before"
> If I don't check it out, in the following steps I don't see the field
> where I could
> enter creation date for a document which was not published before.
> But I'd like to records it somewhere.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Branko Kovacevic
>

> Records Coordinator