[Dspace-general] Two suggested features for next release of Dspace

Tansley, Robert robert.tansley at hp.com
Wed Mar 15 14:03:26 EST 2006

Hi Stevan,

Thanks for the suggestions.  It's not really up to me whether they get implemented or not, because DSpace has a very different development model than more centralised projects like Eprints or FEDORA.  I don't have a team of developers who I can direct to work on particular features; people develop features to fit their local needs (hopefully in a way that can be generalised to help others), and contribute them back to DSpace.  So what you need to do is find someone who shares this need and who has developer resources to make the necessary changes (or find developer resources yourself!).  (Before starting implementation, it's strongly advised to run the design by the DSpace developer list, to make sure no one is already working on the feature, and to maximise the chances that the design can be fitted into the main DSpace code).

Rob