[Dspace-general] Communicating with DSpace

William Reilly wreilly at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 1 07:44:42 EST 2006

On Mar 1, 2006, at 4:09 AM, Rui Gamito wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> What would be the best place to look for an API, or something of the
> kind,
> for communicating wwwith DSpace?
> I'm asking this because I want it to be possible to access DSpace
> "information" through other applications.
>
> Thanks,
> Rui

Hello Rui,

Cross-posting this response to the dspace-tech list (vs. -general).

You should have a look at the (still forthcoming) "Lightweight Network
Interface" (LNI) set of Web Services that are in development:
	http://wiki.dspace.org/LightweightNetworkInterface

Our project is currently testing the new functionality the LNI
provides: an implementation of most of the WebDAV protocol, talking to
the DSpace Content API.  SOAP methods on top of this are provided as
well.
	http://cwspace.mit.edu/wiki/LightweightNetworkInterface

We'd be interested to learn more about what sorts of uses you would put
such exposed services to.

Best,

William Reilly
Technical Analyst
MIT Libraries' Digital Library Research Group
E25-131
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, Massachusetts 02139
U.S.A.
617 253-5716
wreilly at mit.edu
Project Manager
CWSpace: Archiving MIT OpenCourseWare in DSpace
http://cwspace.mit.edu