[Dspace-general] International Conference on the Preservation of Digital Objects (iPRES 2006)

Marcy Rosenkrantz mr41 at cornell.edu
Tue Jun 13 11:37:16 EDT 2006

With apologies for cross posting.

The International Conference on the Preservation of Digital Objects
(iPRES 2006) will be held October 8-10, 2006 at Cornell University,
Ithaca, NY U.S.A.   The theme of this year's iPRES is Words to Deeds:
Collaboration in the Realm of Digital Preservation.  Following on the
successful iPRES 2005 held September 14-16 in Goettingen, Germany,
iPRES 2006 will kickoff with a keynote presentation by Ian Wilson,
Librarian and Archivist of Canada.   Plenary Sessions will explore
topics in Preserving Multimedia Objects, e-Journal Preservation,
Certification, and National Efforts in Digital Preservation.
Concurrent sessions on Tools of the Trade,  eScience, Repositories,
and New Initiatives will also be held.

----------
We are pleased to announce our list of featured speakers for iPRES 2006.

----------
Svein Arne Brygfjeld, National Library of Norway

----------
Robin Dale, Program Officer, RLG

----------
Marc Dantzker, Curator, Macaulay Library, Cornell Lab of Ornithology

----------
Susanne Dobratz, Head of University Library, Humboldt-University Berlin

----------
Eileen Fenton, Executive Director, Portico

----------
Carl Fleishhauer, Project Coordinator, Office of Strategic
Initiatives, Library of Congress

----------
Andrew McHugh, Advisory Services Manager, Digital Curation Centre

----------
Erik Oltmans, Head e-Depot, National Library of the Netherlands

----------
Vicky Reich, Director of LOCKSS Program, Stanford University
Libraries and Academic Resources

----------
Seamus Ross, Director HATII University of Glasgow and Associate
Director Digital Curation Centre (UK), and

----------
Barbara Signori, Swiss National Library

----------
Ken Thibodeau, Head of the Electronic Records Division, US National
Archives and Records Administration

----------
David Thomas, Director of Government and Technology, The National Archives, UK

----------
Ian Wilson, Librarian and Archivist of Canada

----------
Zhang Xiaolin, Director, Library of Chinese Academy of Sciences (LCAS)

----------
The deadline for early registration is September 1, 2006.   For
details about the iPRES 2006 agenda and to register, please visit our
web site:
<http://ipres.library.cornell.edu>http://ipres.library.cornell.edu/ .

Know Your Publisher,
<http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo.php>http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo.php